Its cultivation was started in 1879 by the Atonna berries, and the Great Plantation was built. After sinking, this plantation was transformed into a Soviet farm and olives.
The olive culture is not foreign to Georgia and its history is related to the Atonna monks. There are also historical facts confirming this.
The olive-lined stone, which is found in the yard of the Alaverdi Cathedral temple, is another proof that it was from ancient times in Georgia.